Friday, August 26, 2011

Planning

People often make fun of me for my (sometimes) obsessive planning.  Especially when it comes to Disney.  But when you've been as many times as I have you understand that you have to be a planner! 

In most places when you call 4 months out for reservations, you pretty much can book what you want.  Disney is not that easy sometimes.  I called yesterday for reservations Dec. 9 - Dec. 12.  Out of 7 Disney Vacation Club resorts, there was only 1 hotel that met my room criteria and date range.  I was a little bummed that I couldn't get my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choices.  Fortunately, I was able to get on a wait list for my 1st and 2nd choices if they become available.  *Fingers Crossed*

When I started looking at booking dinner reservations, I ran into the same problems.  Again, I get made fun of for making dinner reservations but you have to understand Disney to realize that making ADVANCED dining reservations is a must!  Most places that I wanted to eat at were already completely booked up.  I was able to get a couple reservations at odd times - not really times that families with children would want.  Disney allows you to make reservations 120 days in advance.  You may be thinking that no one does this.  I promise you, they do!  I'm talking being on the computer at 12:01 am, 120 days before your vacation begins.  I know this because, I confess, I have done this before.  And the popular restuarants will be completely booked, so planning is a must if you want to get everything you want out of your vacation. 

Not everyone can plan vacations so far in advanced like my family does- we are already planning the 2012 Disney Vacation and have booked the 2013 Disney Cruise! But if you can look at your families' advanced calendar, try to book as far in advanced as possible.  It will let you have the optimal vacation experience!

Disclaimer - if you can't plan in advance - and I have done those spur of the moment trips (for me, that would be 4 weeks in advance!) - you still will have a wonderful time.  You will be in The Happiest Place in the World!



No comments:

Post a Comment