Saturday, August 20, 2011

Art of Animation

Where to stay is probably the 2nd biggest decisions that you make when planning your trip to Disney, only after when to go.  I will have several blogs about hotels since I have stayed at 70% of the hotels in Disney. Now that is impressive if I do say so myself! 

Two years ago, when two of my best friends and I (and my precious niece SJ in the womb) went to Disney for Christmas, we stayed at Disney's Pop Century Resort.  Pop Century is a value level resort.  Value Resorts are the more inexpensive resorts on property.  You still get the Disney experience, but the rooms are smaller and the resorts are much larger.  We were overall pleased with our stay there, but one morning Laurelee and I went and looked at the back part of the resort.  

       A little history lesson - Pop Century's buildings are dedicated to different decades.  Originally, when the resort was built there was going to be 2 sections the Classic Years and the Legendary Years.  The Classic Years, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s and the Legendary Years were to be separated by a lake called the Generation Gap.  The Classic Years opened, but the economy turned sour and the Legendary Years was started but never completed...Now back to my story

Laurelee went to the back part of our building, which overlooked the ruins of the Legendary Years.  Disney is normally very clean and put together.  Any construction or unfinished business is usually blocked from view as to not tarnish the reputation of Disney.  The Legendary Years were an exception the rule.  I was horrified at the building across the Generation Gap.  And being the Disney fan I am, I was a little appalled.  I should have taken a picture.

Anyway, last year Disney announced that they would finally be finishing the Legendary Years, but with a different spin.  Instead of the Legendary Years, it will be called Disney's Art of Animation Resorts.  The rooms will be all family suites.  This is a great addition to the Disney Family because rooms that accommodate larger families, or families that just want a little more space, have been on the more expensive end of the spectrum.  Art of Animation will be a Value Level "Suites" Resort!  

This week the Disney Blog just released some pictures of the inside of the rooms.  The Resort will be open in 2012 and I'm sure will fit into a lot of people's budgets.  

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this! And you are quite an expert, if I do say so myself. ha!!!

    ReplyDelete