Saturday, September 24, 2011

O'hana

I have 3 favorite restaurants in Disney.  I try to get to all of them every time I go but sometimes the fam gets a little tired of eating all "my" restaurants and wants something different.  But no matter what, I have to get my O'Hana fix every time I'm at Disney.  

O'Hana is located in Disney's Polynesian Resort and is open for both breakfast and dinner.  Breakfast is a character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, and Mickey and Pluto.  I've never been to the breakfast, but I can tell you that dinner is amazing.  

O'Hana means "Family" in Hawaiian so dinner is served family style featuring steak, turkey, pork, and shrimp that is roasted over an open fire pit that is located in the middle of the restaurant.  
But first a mixed green salad with honey-lime dressing and pineapple-coconut bread is served.  None of that sounds good to me, nor would I eat it if I knew ahead of time what it was, but I assure you that both are to die for!  

The 2nd course is Honey Coriander Chicken Wings and Pork Fried Dumplings, accompanied by 3 yummy sauces: Peanut Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce, and Sweet & Sour Sauce.  I could eat the Peanut Sauce with a spoon it is so good! 
But the main event is the meats on the skewers with stir-fried vegetables and noodles in peanut sauce.  The meal is all-you-can eat, so the meats on the giant skewers keep coming as long as you allow!  And I'll tell you, that you will want to keep it coming!  


These were the remnants from our last outing to O'Hana - can you tell we love it?  But don't eat to much because you will want to save room for dessert which is a Banana-Caramel Bread Pudding.  

From start to finish, O'Hana's has amazing food.  But it also has a very relaxed, family atmosphere.  During the meal, you will be serenaded by a Hawaiian playing the ukelele and kids will have pineapple races.  And if your lucky you just might have a view of Cinderella's Castle!  

If you are a little weary of meaty food or you are a vegetarian, as my best friend, Toot is, don't be scared. Toot, our friend Laurelee, and I went during the Christmas season and Toot had a meal specifically cooked just for her.  The chef came to our table, asked her what she liked to eat and made her appetizers,  this huge entree, and even a special dessert!  We joked that she had a "Sugar Daddy!"  And after the meal he came to check and make sure that everything tasted up to her standards.  Talk about service!!

Dinner is about $32.99 a person for adults and $15.99 for children (if you're on the Dining Plan, it is one Table Service).  Dinner is served from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm.  But if you think you are going to be able to walk up and get in, think again.  O'Hana usually is booked up months in advance, so if you want to go, I suggest get a reservation as soon as you book your rooms.  It's one of the most popular places to eat on property!  

2 comments:

  1. I love this post attributed solely to my FAVORITE restaurant at Disney. And, I never would have even known about it had it not been for you, KT!!! Doing Disney with KT is the ONLY way to do it! And, just to remind you, Memaw (Mitch's grandmother) informed us then and still reminds us that O'hana's was the best meal of all of her 75 years of living and eating. I am craving it now... let's go soon, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this my first restaurant post in honor of you! Please let's plan a trip!

    ReplyDelete